Job SummaryOur client is a leading owner, developer, and operator of Battery Energy Storage in the UK. The firm is currently developing a pipeline of Battery Energy Storage (BESS) projects with the aim to become a leading player in the UK BESS market in the next 5 years. As part of these growth plans, the firm are looking to hire a Senior Analyst as an integral member of the investment team. You will have demonstrable ability in financial analysis and modelling and have experience in investment screening and participation in M&A activities, ideally within an energy sector. The firm have a hybrid working model with need to be in the Reading Office circa 3 days per week.
- Responsible for carrying out the financial modelling activity for the firm’s portfolio of BESS projects across the UK
- Provide analytical and investment support on deal sourcing, screening, conducting due diligence and contributing to acquisition processes.
- You will play an important role in all areas of the M&A lifecycle, supporting the Investment Director and the wider team in the delivery of the firm’s growth strategy
- Develop robust financial models in support of screening and investment appraisal of individual project opportunities.
- Work with technical, commercial, and legal teams to determine inputs to the financial models and appropriate scenarios to be modelled.
- Support due diligence processes including selection and oversight of advisors.
- Review and critically analyse different market studies and forecasts and incorporate the outcomes into financial models and projections.
- Prepare and contribute to IC papers, summarising project investment opportunities.
- Participate in all stages of debt/finance raising processes.
- Contribute to the drafting, negotiation and execution of acquisition, financing, and project-level agreements.
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience, ideally with prior knowledge of the renewables and storage sector in the UK.
- Be an experienced finance professional with relevant professional qualification.
- Have strong analytical, financial modelling and valuation skills.
- Have a good understanding of the UK power market ideally including BESS and the monetization process.
- Possess strong critical thinking and a demonstrable track record in delivering results in a transaction-focussed environment.
- Be proactive and excited to contribute to a fast-paced, entrepreneurial working environment.
- Have strong people and presentation skills and be keen to learn a new business.
- Have experience in supporting due diligence processes and contract negotiations.
- Are a committed team player with the ability to work on their own initiative and under pressure.
- The firm operate a flexi-working policy
- Competitive base salary + Bonus