Job SummarySenior Project Accountant
This Senior Project Accountant role is development and construction centric and will see the successful candidate join a small real estate accounting team in Miami, FL. The position offers flexible home working.
The Senior Project Accountant has a unique and exciting perspective at the company. Involved from start to finish, from the early days of a project being just an idea by analysts; up through the construction and early operations of large income generating assets. Time and time again, this role will see and help in the creation of successful companies. The Senior Project Accountant will be responsible for the accounting for multiple projects in development.
Our client is a luxury condo and hotel real estate investment and development firm based in Miami, FL. The mission statement remains constant: create opportunities through grit, ingenuity, and expertise – providing the premier real estate experience.
- Maintain financials for multiple entities in development or operating stages
- Manage monthly loan and insurance payments
- Prepare monthly loan amortization schedules
- Maintain the fixed asset and depreciation schedules
- Assist with real estate tax payments
- Assist with 1099-INT and 1099-MISC filings
- Assist with asset capitalization
- Prepare and support project managers or asset managers with operations or job costing
- Reconciliations of job costs to GL
- Construction and/or development accounting
- 1-4 years minimum of accounting experience and a working knowledge of Timberline.
- Highly analytical. Ability to recognize data patterns and manipulate data to derive useful information and reporting.
- Must be self-motivated and able to focus on task until completion, with an ability to leverage technology to enhance efficiency.
- Ability to think strategically and operate with extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have a friendly, service-oriented attitude as much of your time will be spent helping other teams and supporting their needs, as well as a willingness to jump-in and learn processes and systems.