Job SummaryJob Summary:
Macdonald & Co. is thrilled to collaborate with a fully integrated retail/mixed-use development and investment company in Atlanta, GA to appoint a 'Senior Property Accountant'
The 'Senior Property Accountant' will apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to analyze financial information, reconcile bank accounts, prepare and record journal entries, assist in annual budget preparation and prepare monthly accounting and financial reports for internal and external stakeholders. Full financial statement responsibility for assigned portfolio.
- Review budgets, revenues, expenses, PO’s, invoices, and other accounting support to complete month end close for portfolio of properties; research and resolve discrepancies as necessary.
- Prepare and enter journal entries (accruals, deposits, reclasses, etc.).
- Perform bank reconciliations, scan checks for deposit, book cash transfers and approve resident refunds.
- Calculate and book monthly GAAP depreciation and amortization.
- Analyze revenue and expense trends against the budget to ensure expenditure control and prepare variance explanations.
- Prepare supporting schedules for balance sheet and income statement analyses monthly.
- Compile and analyze financial information for lenders and investors monthly, quarterly, annually.
- Assist property management with annual budget preparation for assigned accounts.
- Communicate with on-site and other property managers to assist in completing pre-close and close activities, answer questions, provide support, and ensure timely completion of accounting processes for on-time reporting.
- Complete other financial, accounting, administrative tasks/duties as assigned or as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ideal candidate will possess the following qualities: team player, attention to detail, customer service oriented, multi tasker, self-motivated, sense of urgency and is a problem solver.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written with supervisor and property management.
- Proficient in excel and experience in Yardi (preferred).
- One to three years of experience that demonstrates the ability to prepare and analyze financial data and reports.
- Four year degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field from an accredited University.
- Retail experience is a plus.