Job SummaryMacdonald & Co. is exclusively partnered with an industry-leading real estate investment and development company who is rapidly growing and seeking a ‘Development Accountant’ for their HQ office in Atlanta, GA.
The 'Development Accountant' will be responsible for the preparation and review of internal and external financial reporting, external draw packaging, and general ledger management. The role also provides opportunities to learn about and participate in all facets of a real estate investment and development company.
- Prepare and review financial statements, reports, and other financial data.
- Assist with the development and implementation of financial reporting policies and procedures.
- Work with external auditors to ensure compliance with all applicable accounting standards and regulations.
- Provide financial analysis and support to management.
- Participate in other aspects of the real estate investment and development process as needed.
- CAM/Tax/Insurance Monthly/Quarterly/Annual reconciliations and billing.
- Perform budgeting and forecasting for projects; prepare and/or review cash flow projections.
- Perform daily cost tracking research and analysis and create daily, weekly, and monthly cost reports.
- Prepare development entity financial reporting for monthly review with development and accounting managers.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- 4+ years related real estate accounting.
- Experience with MRI and Yardi a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.