Job SummaryHead, Project Management, Data Centres
Roles and Responsibilities
Our client is a leading Data Centre Developer/operator with significant portfolio. The role is based out of HQ in Singapore with an extensive geographical remit.
- Implement a high-level effective PMO/project management framework and execution methodologies, incorporating necessary project management processes as required
- Manage a portfolio of numerous regional projects, including personnel, project schedules, technical oversight, team development, supporting of budget preparation and financial reporting
- Oversee teams of project managers, architects, engineers and/or other consultants to deliver mission critical projects on time, to budget and to the highest quality
- Establish formal reporting arrangements on regional projects
- Support development of project scope documents, quality standards, project-specific technical specifications and relevant drawings.
- Review relevant master schedules and other reports as necessary to ensure timeline is met
- Secure resources, suppliers, materials, services and products as required to support regional projects
- Monitor regional project progress and identify opportunities for improved delivery
- Proactively identify potential problems, conflicts, design and delivery issues using risk management tools and skills to mitigate impact on projects
- Direct meetings, introduce and manage wider regional project-related discussions
- Manage and/or support administer tender processes for appointing consultants, contractors and suppliers
- Manage and/or administer requests for payments, invoice processing and other typical project administration
- Direct and participate in due diligence activities to identify and qualify potential sites and facilities.
- Implement and manage processes to assure quality and HSE control during construction projects.
- Ensure zero tolerance for breaches of HSE policies with relevant reporting on near-misses and incidents
- Identification, assessment and quantification of near-misses, safety incidents, potential hazards, and other workplace risks
- Identify and implement strategies to promote safety culture in the workplace
- Negotiate contracts with consultants, external project managers, contractors and equipment vendors as required
- Provide regular reporting on regional project status with strategies to correct project deviations.
- Ensure scheduling, minuting of various project meetings
- Provide timely regular and accurate reporting on the project progress, costs and quality
- Manage and document project change requests and follow up on approvals
- Oversee proper close out processes are followed through to completion, including handover of final O&M manuals and as-built documentation
- Travel as needed to effectively manage teams and projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Engineering, Technology or a related field
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in program/project management preferred including at least 5 years’ experience in construction of mission-critical environments and data centers.
- Strong knowledge of typical construction contracts and building codes
- Experience working with construction disciplines and trades (general/architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection, etc.)
- Ability to apply quality management principles and processes
- Ability to apply risk assessment and management principles and processes
- Have strong analytical, research and negotiation skills, strong contractual knowledge including reading contractual terminology
- Strong written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to draft reports, minutes, correspondence, procedures, processes and forms
- Ability to review architectural, mechanical, electrical, telecommunications drawings
- Certifications such as PMP, ATD, ATS, CDCP, CDCS, CDCE, CNCDP, CDRP, CDMS